1 oz onion, minced
1 oz unsalted butter
12 oz mushrooms, white or crimini, minced
4 fl oz dry white wine
4 oz all-purpose flour, as needed
4 fl oz heavy cream
4 oz sliced ham, minced
1 tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp. white pepper, or to taste
10 ea. chicken breast
1/4 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
6 oz dry bread crumbs, as needed
2 oz almonds, toasted and chopped
6 fl oz egg wash
2 oz clarified butter
Estimated Time: 45 minutes
1. To prepare the stuffing: Sweat the onions in the butter. Add the mushrooms and sauté briefly. Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add the heavy cream, ham, and parsley. Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the mixture from the heat. Adjust the seasoning with the salt and white pepper. Cool.
3. Flatten the chicken breasts with a mallet. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour; shake off the excess.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of stuffing on each chicken breast. Roll it up tightly.
5. Combine the bread crumbs and chopped almonds. Dip the chicken rolls in egg wash and then in the bread crumb mixture. Chill for 30 minutes.
6. Pan-fry the chicken in clarified butter until golden on all sides. Finish the chicken in a moderate oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).