Mushroom Farms = Great Recyclers of Agricultural waste products!
- Ostrom’s uses wheat straw, dried poultry waste, Canola Meal and Sugar Beet lime to grow our mushrooms. All of these components are agricultural waste products that would end up dumped or burned.
- Our spent compost is sold to a soil company. It makes great soil amendments for wholesale and retail use.
- Ostrom’s recaptures water run-off for re-use.
- Ostrom’s recycles cardboard, pallets and plastics.
- Our carbon footprint is small! - We are located 50 miles from Seattle and 120 miles from Portland, Oregon.
- Our retail packaging is recyclable and not produced from petroleum products.